January this year I posted my 2017 Blogging Goals and given that we’re in August I wanted to do a little update and see how blogging is going so far.
My achievement and accomplishment so far:
- Rebranding: I’m no longer “Simply a Mama” as of July 2017 I rebranded to “Mrs Jibril” this wasn’t on my goals list and so far I like the new name.
- Working with brands: I didn’t think I was recognised in the blogosphere to have the opportunity to work with brands; especially after my move from Kenya to Australia. I was lucky to have been approached by brands for collaborations. If you are a brand interested in collaborations you can reach me here.
- Consistency: I always post once a week and if I’m motivate you will be surprised with an extra post. I post every Saturday.
- Self-Hosting: I’m not tech savvy but I managed to successfully not only rebrand but also change and upgrade my wordpress.
- Collaborations and Guest Posts: Now I have a tab to show all the posts I featured in.
- Blog Readers and Followers: This has hugely increased and I definitely feel the love and support in the blogging community. I wish I had the exact figure of my blog followers back in January so I can compare.
The goals I still need to work on and I haven’t achieved yet:
- Social Media Followers: I wanted to increase my followers in my main social media platforms Instagram, Facebook Page and Twitter. I wanted around 1000-2000. I’m still far from my target but I’m not discouraged because I want genuine followers who enjoy my content.
- YouTube: I still haven’t started my channel even though I have video ideas. I need to stop procrastinating.
- Blog Series: I still haven’t figured a unique series idea.
I hope you enjoy reading my posts as much as I enjoy writing them. If it’s your first time visiting my blog please make sure to follow me for weekly posts on all things Motherhood and Family related.
What do you think of my new blog name?
Thanks for stopping by,
You can find this post linked to these great blog link ups –