I know it is almost February and some might think it is too late to set new years resolutions. To my defence this is not really a 2017 resolutions post! I want to remember all the tiny blogging milestones and set goals to reach in 2017.
There is something about writing your goals down that makes them seem attainable and realistic.
I’m a fairly new blogger; I started this blog in May 2016 (8 months ago). I went to the blogging world not knowing what to expect. Fortunately it gave me the chance to come across some lovely blogs and blogging communities from all over the world.
- This stay at home mum living in Kenya managed to publish 40 posts and over 2660 page views. I was also lucky enough to gain 118 followers on my blog.
- My most viewed post is The Forty Days Postpartum Care & Celebrations “Afartan bax” which is about showcasing the Somali culture.
- I was featured on Amaliah.co.uk’s #MotherhoodMoments
- My post Things I’d do differently on my next pregnancy! was featured on GorgeousGeorgesMama
- Dear Internet…Please Stop With The Mummy shaming was one of the top 10 online reads on Life Motherhood & Everything
- I’ve been featured also Mess & Merlot for her blog series “she loves herself”
- Not to mention all the lovely comments that I receive and continue to receive on my posts.
- I tried to revive my twitter account as a tool to connect with other mummy bloggers. I managed in 8 months to gain 188 followers on twitter including you baby me mummy (she’s a big deal).
- I also started a Facebook page for my blog, if you haven’t followed Simply a Mama Facebook page yet please do.
2017 blogging goals
- Consistency- I usually aim to post once or twice a week, I mainly write and edit my blogpost whenever I have free time but in 2017 I want to be more organised.
- Self-hosting- this has been on my mind for a while I hope sometime in 2017 that I will self-host my blog. I’m not very tech savvy, self-hosting comes with a lot of things I’m not familiar with such as DA and Yoast (so fingers crossed!).
- Social media followers- I want to increase my followers in these main platforms Instagram, new Facebook page and twitter. I want about 1k- 2k by the end of 2017 (I hope that is not wishful thinking)
- Simply a Mama followers- I want to hopefully double my blog followers.
- Start a Youtube channel- I’m extremely shy but I want to enter the world of Youtube sometime in 2017.
- Collaborations and guest posts- to be able to be featured in other blogs again in 2017 would be awesome.
- Create a tag/ series- for other bloggers and my readers to be featured on my blog.
I hope that I will be able to achieve all or some of my blogging goals in 2017.
What are some of your blogging goals in 2017?
Any tips and tricks of how I can achieve my 2017 blogging goals are welcome
Help me get one step closer to my goals by following me on Social media
Thanks for stopping by
Linking up with