I’m excited to announce that I’ve been nominated for a blogging award. I want to thank the lovely Iman from “And then she said” for nominating me for the Liebster Award. And then she said has reviews, parenting tips, recipes and some lovely DIYs. My favourite post from “and the she said” is Six Things New Mums Feel & How To Cope I highly recommend new mummies to have a read.
Back to the award if you are a blogger I’m sure you came across one or two of these post before, I sure have myself. The Liebster award is dedicated to new blogs and as some of you may know I’m fairly new to the blogosphere.
Here are my answers to Iman’s questions:
- What have you found most challenging about blogging since you started?
Finding the time to write posts especially with an adventurous almost one year old around. I found it also a little tricky starting my blog because I wasn’t very familiar with WordPress but I’m slowly learning.
- What’s your pet peeve?
My biggest pet peeve that really annoys me when people think they know my name better than I do and keep asking me if I misspelled it or saying it wrong! Really I’m pretty sure I know how to spell & pronounce my own name. You have no idea how many times I had this conversation since moving to Kenya!!
- Have you ever considered changing your name? What would you change it to?
Hahaha relating to question #2 I have so many times however as I grew older I learned to love my name.
If I changed my name I would go with Sama, which means sky in Arabic, and it is close to my actual name Samsam
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
On a personal level becoming a mother is a huge accomplishment for me. On a professional level finishing my master’s degree in Human resource management is a close second! Even though I’m currently a stay at home mum I’m proud of my educational achievement.
- How open are you to trying new foods? On a scale of 1 to 10 – 1 being not at all and 10 being always!
I’m guessing around 8, I love trying new cuisines as long as it is not something crazy like insects or dog meat which I hear are considered a delicacy in some parts of the world.
- What would you do with your last £1?
Most likely buy a balloon for my son because he loves them so much.
- Who is your favourite author and why?
Yasmin Mogahed, most of my readers might not be familiar with her work but she has an amazing book called “Reclaim your heart” and I read it cover to cover several times. I came across Yasmin’s writing during a tough time in my life and her book made me look at things differently. My copy of “Reclaim your heart” is even signed by her and I attended a seminar she had in Australia a few years ago.
- Describe your home in three words.
Love, Harmony, Laughter
- What is your guilty pleasure?
Milkshakes (all flavours) I love them so much even though I know they are the main factor of my weight gain.
- What’s the best blog post you’ve ever written?
I love this post because it is a collection of advice from mothers living across the globe. I was overwhelmed at how many people were willing to help me write it.
- If you have to pick one season to have the entire year – what would it be?
Spring because the weather is just so perfect.
Incase you want to participate or nominate someone for this award the rules are:
- Write a blog post about your nomination and thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions the person who nominated you asked you in his/her blog post.
- Nominate 5-11 other starting bloggers who you think deserve this award, and come up with 11 questions of your own for them to answer.
- List these rules in your blog post.
As I mentioned earlier I’m a newbie blogger so unfortunately I don’t know of 11 new bloggers that I can nominate for a Liebster Award so I nominate any new blogger who comes across my post.
Why did you start your blog?
Thanks for stopping by,
You can find this post linked to these great blog link ups –