So this past few weeks I had a little bit of baby fever and it made me wonder what are the thing I would do differently if I get pregnant again. Here is the short list I came up with:
- I would take weekly photos of my growing belly. I started taking lots of photos during pregnancy however they weren’t at the same location and I had different outfits. My bump didn’t show until later during my pregnancy so the first 20 or so weeks I didn’t even look pregnant just bloated…hahaha
- I would try and make a cute pregnancy announcement to my husband; with our son unfortunately I couldn’t think of ways to tell him the great news because he was with me at the hospital when the doctor told us.
- Get a professional maternity photo-shoot with both my husband and son.
- Take breastfeeding classes even though with this my first pregnancy I did a lot of research and received material from midwives and lactation consultant. I would still take a breastfeeding class to get more information. If you would like to know about my experience breastfeeding my son you can read my breastfeeding journey.
- I would start pumping at around 38 weeks to build up my supply before giving birth. This was an advice my midwife gave me after I gave birth to my son because my milk took long to come. I also read that pumping can induce labour, which is interesting because I wasn’t a fan of being induced in the hospital.
- Walk…Walk…Walk I honestly think walking during the last trimester really helps. I started walking when I was overdue with my son and by 41 weeks pregnant I was 2 cm dilated and I honestly think it was a result of walking.
- I won’t stress as much and I would take it easy, which is harder said than done.
- Baby product wise I have a list of products that I won’t be investing in for my second baby because I think they are a waste and some I didn’t end up using. Here is my list of baby products that I won’t purchase.
And before you ask we’re not expecting baby #2 and we are not TTC just yet!
Is there anything you would do differently on your next pregnancies?
Follow me on Social media
Thanks for stopping by,
You can find this post linked to this lovely blog link up