Most mothers when they start their babies on solids they tend to complain about constipation. Either our poor bubs have hard stool or they can go for days without bowel movement. This can be extremely frustrating for them because it can even cause stomach pain. Not to mention how stressful it can be on mummies as well because no one wants their baby to be in pain or discomfort.
Personally I’m not comfortable giving baby E any laxative and I rather give him natural remedies. Most doctors also recommend that mummies should adjust their babies diet and avoid foods that maybe causing constipation.
Today’s recipe is my go to recipe when my baby is having constipation. It works really well and I highly recommend it.
This is the recipe for Prunes & pears baby puree.
- One pear
- 4-6 prunes
- Pre-boiled water (I boil all the water used in preparing baby E’s food)
- Wash, peel and chop the pears into pieces
- Chop the prunes
- Add boiling hot water to the prunes for about 10 minutes; mean while steam your pear. When both are ready then blend them into a puree.
- You can alternatively boil both the pear and chopped prunes by adding the water on medium heat for about 10-15 minutes.
- Once the pear is cooked; blend it using a hand blender or a baby bullet.
- Let it cool then serve it to your little one.
Prunes are a great source of fiber that is the reason for it being effective in combating constipation. It is also a good source of iron.
Pears is also a good source of fiber, this is why a puree with these two ingredients act as a natural remedy for constipation. Pears are rich with vitamin C and vitamin K. Vitamin K is known to be useful in preventing serious heart diseases.
Try this easy recipe for your little ones and hopefully they will enjoy it as much as baby E does. I hope it helps and works well for their little tummies.
Incase you missed my previous mummy recipes, you can check them below: