The weather in Nairobi has been very cold lately and this is a breakfast idea for your munchkin to keep warm. This is one of the simplest recipes and it takes about 10 minutes to prepare.
Pre-boiled water- Read Mummy Recipes #1 Baby puree to know why I always use cooled boiled water in my baby’s food!
- Boil the water on medium to high heat
- Add the oats and let it cook
- Keep stirring for about 10 minutes
- Optional: If the texture of the oat porridge is too thick for your baby you can blend it once it is ready.
- Let the mixture cool before serving it to your little one.
- The mixture will thicken once it cools down you can add either breast milk or formula to make it a consistency that suit your baby’s preference.
Oats are rich in fiber and it helps prevent constipation. It also has zinc, iron and magnesium.
Try this easy recipe for you little ones and hopefully they will enjoy this breakfast as much as baby E does. Thanks for stopping by.