Hello & As’salamu alaykum beautiful ladies, like many first time mummies I was very excited about starting baby E on solids. I wanted to make all his food and try my best not to buy store baby food. It’s been 2 months since we embarked on the journey of weaning and so far so GREAT!
Today’s post is going to be a short & easy recipe for “Apple & carrot baby puree”.
- Pre-boiled water (I boil the water I use in preparing all of baby E’s meals and also the water used to prepare his feeds. The reason behind this is because we live in Kenya and I don’t want the risk of him drinking contaminated water. The water we use is from a water dispenser but I still boil it. Better safe than sorry)
- Peel the apple & carrot and wash thoroughly.
- Chop them into pieces.
- Add a little bit of pre-boiled water to your apple and carrot (you can alternatively steam them).
- Put on medium heat for about 10 minutes until cooked. Check with a fork.
- Using a hand blender (a regular blender or fork or a baby bullet will do) puree it to the texture that your baby prefers..
- Serve & let your little one enjoy.
Carrots are rich with vitamins, iron and potassium. Apples on the other hand are full of fiber which helps with baby constipation.
Try this easy recipe for you little ones and hopefully they will enjoy it as much as baby E does. Thanks for stopping by.