Oh where did the time go! My little munchkin turned 8 months today, one day closer to his first birthday yeeey!
Baby E has been on solids since he was 6 months old. It’s been such a fun and messy journey. He still has around 6 bottles a day.
Weight & Height:
He’s a chunky little bub and getting heavier by the day. He is also quiet tall for his age. We always get comments from strangers that he looks older than his age. He’s around 9.8kg (21.6 pounds) and 73 cms tall. This makes him at the 90th percentile for weight and 98th percentile for height (One proud mama here).
This is where mama gets a little emotional because my little peanut is growing up so fast. He’s currently wearing 6-12 months clothes however some of them are starting to get a bit snug on him. Last week we tried a 12-18 months onesie and it fits him comfortably. He’s also been wearing size 1 t-shirts for a few weeks now.
Baby E is still toothless and he looks so adorable with his bare gums. He has been teething for a while now and poor thing has been in some discomfort so hopefully soon little teeth will make an appearance. We’re still enjoying this toothless phase because he’s a biter.
He’s a very cheeky baby, he’s usually happy and bubbly. He is starting to show us more of his personality as days pass by. He has a beautiful loud laughs and he is also ticklish. He started dancing when he hears any type of music, which we all find extremely adorable.
He likes people and doesn’t freak out from strangers, which makes mummy a bit worried. He doesn’t mind people holding him even if they walk with him far from me. I can’t wait for him to grow a little older then I can teach him about “stranger danger”. He definitely doesn’t have separation anxiety yet.
- He’s on the move. He crawls and rolls all over the place now.
- He started clapping a few weeks ago. He usually does it when he is dancing or listening to his nursery rhymes.
- He sits unassisted now and he learned how to sit up on his own when he’s lying down.
- He says “dada” but not “mama” yet… we are working on it.
- Prunes- I tried to give him prunes puree following a recipe from Pinterest because it helps with constipation, however, he hated it.
- Avocados- another food item that he is not so keen on. I will try to mix the avocado with bananas in hopes that he likes it (wish mama luck).
- Crowds- he gets easily agitated if he is in a crowded place and he is the center of attention. This is usually the case in family gatherings when he sees many new faces.
- Music & nursery rhymes
- His walker
- Car rides
Highlight of the month:
He is celebrating his first Ramadan. This is the holy month in Islam and it is known for fasting and prayers .
Lowest point of the month:
Unfortunately he is suffering from his first flu because of the change of weather in Nairobi.
Happy 8 months Baby E, we love you to the moon and back. May you grow up to be a righteous young man.